Once you have completed your business profile in the portal, you will be assigned an appropriate SAQ. There are three main factors that impact assignment of SAQ type:
- Acceptance channel – how your business accepts payments:
- Face to face – transactions made where the card holder is physically present.
- Ecommerce – via a customer facing website that takes card payments.
- Mail or telephone orders (MOTO) – payments made over the phone or mail ordering services.
- Point of sale setup – what type of terminal/setup your business uses to process payments.
- Storage of data – if you store any cardholder data electronically, you will automatically be assigned a high-risk SAQ type.
SAQs can be broken into categories based on what a business uses to take payments